Jon Henderson is a self-trained developer whose hobby turned into
a career. Currently the Application Development Manager for myON, he
oversees the development, the team, the code base, and the day to day ins-and-outs of
the dev process for an education based SaaS reading platform that serves
an ever growing number of books to hundreds of thousands of students
around the world every day. He enjoys learning, but enjoys his family
more. He currently lives in Roseville with his wife, twin sons, daughter, and
his dog where he spends most of his free time
cooking, reading, learning to walk, and training to be a curmudgeon.
Words of Wisdom
Some of these are borrowed, all of them are relevant.
- Simplicity is both a goal and a method
- Solve one problem at a time
- Clear is better than clever
- Readable means Reliable
- If the implementation is hard to explain, it’s a bad idea
- Make it run, then make it right, then make it fast
- Patterns are not rules
- Code for the problem; A tool that does everything does nothing well
- Don’t be hasty
- It’s not what you add, it’s what you can take away.
- The less you do, the more of it you can do.
- Priority over process: It's more important to know what's important than how it ought to be done.
- Bad grammar leads to bad theology
- Words have meaning
- Silence is golden
- Honesty, Gratitude, Kindness
- Try just a little harder than you did yesterday.